5) Vertical Weave
6) Six Stitch Cable
From these two I learned:
- I am not a huge fan of pass slipped stitch over (but maybe I just need practice)
- Cables are way easier the second time around (I made this dishcloth once before)
- As much as I like the idea of not using a cable needle, I am not willing to take that chance just yet.
- I need to work on regulating my cast on and off tension because I go between way to tight and way to loose. I need to find a happy medium.
- There must be better ways to bind off some of these patterns because sometimes it just doesn't look very good. I need to look into that too.
I recently got the book Knit Fix by Lisa Kartus, but haven't had the time to take a look yet. I am hoping I can get some good pointers there to help out with some of the issues I am having. But regardless of some of these issues, I feel like I am definitely moving towards my goal of becoming better at knitting. I am quicker and it is getting easier. I am getting better at recognizing my mistakes and fixing them. I am starting to get ideas of how to do things without a pattern. I really like cables! This is exciting. I can't wait until I am done with all 26 and I can look back and see how much I have progressed and learned.