My latest koozie design is knitted with cables and a button flap closure. It also has a full bottom, unlike the crocheted bottle koozies. I'm planning to write up the pattern, but I might make a few changes first.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
I cut the binding along the spine so I could remove the pages while leaving the cover in tact. I ended up covering most of it in paper using spray adhesive since the cover was dark and showed through the fabric. Then, I covered the outside, much like you would do with a paper book cover and attached it using spray adhesive. I used spray adhesive to add the grey fabric to the spine and hot glued the ribbon on to cover the unfinished edge where it meets the yellow. I used a separate sheet of fabric for the inside and just tucked the edges under and tacked them with hot glue. I cut another piece of cardboard for the part underneath the iPad and covered it with a layer of batting, and then a layer of white fabric. I hot glued the elastic to the back of the cardboard and then hot glued the whole thing to the inside of the book cover. Finally, I cut a strip off of an old fridge magnet and glued it on the cover in the area where it wakes up and puts to sleep the iPad. You can see it in action in the video below (which of course I recorded sideways so it looks funny, but you get the idea). Here is the final product.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Friday, February 8, 2013
Remember this post when I started with wool from two different sheep, one white and the other black and then made some black, white, and grey yarn? Well, look what I finally made with it!
Here are the two different piles of raw wool:
Here are some rolags:
This was a long time ago! It was probably in August of 2011. I just couldn't decide what to do with the yarn. I tried knitting with it, but it was too bulky and not lofty enough so it made a stiff, bulky fabric that was not working out no matter how big of needles I used. So, it sat and sat until I saw someone at work with a yarn scarf just joined by zip ties! I decided that would be a perfect way to use this yarn. But, I used yarn to tie it in 3 spots instead of zip ties.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Several years ago I saw someone with a scarf that was made just of yarn sewn together. They told me their friend had made it using dissolvable interfacing. I had that in the back of my mind for a long time and recently saw the technique again in a recent issue of Spin-off magazine. I decided to finally try it out on my yarn that I made while trying out my drum carder. You can read all about making the yarn here.
After the yarn was done, I arranged it and sandwiched it between two pieces of dissolvable interfacing and pinned it to keep it all in place. Then I sewed back and forth on my sewing machine.
Finally, I just ran cold water over it to dissolve away the interfacing and hung it to dry!
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Here is another Master Charles hat I made back in March of last year, but never posted. Previous details about the Master Charles hat were posted here and here. This was the 4th one I made. I still love this pattern and seeing this, I kind of want to make it again!