Monday, September 7, 2009

Nebraska crocheted bottle koozy

Ok, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of in love with this, my latest creation. An old friend special requested a crocheted bottle koozy with some Nebraska Husker spirit so I hand appliqued this N onto a red bottle koozy. I should have used the fusible webbing to stick the N down before I started stitching because it got a little crooked, but I was lazy and didn't bother. Before I started, I wasn't sure how this would look, and at first I was concerned about my inability to nicely hand stitch and how it was looking kind of tattered and unprofessional. Now that it is done, I think that it just adds to the overall look of the koozy . In fact, it reminds me of a vintage letterman's sweater! I may have to try this again!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That is so aweomse. That would be so cool if you could do that for Texas Tech koozies! Whoooo! I think this could be a huge market for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - that is awesome! I love how it looks tattered... You may have to hide it from the hubby, but you should make some black ones with a gold "I" and put them in your store :)

    ReplyDelete