Monday, August 3, 2009

Crocheted flower coasters



My friend reminded me that I used to crochet these coasters that look kind of like flowers or stars, so I made a set this weekend. These are made out of some really nice cotton yarn that I got at a local yarn shop, Crazy Girl Yarn Shop. The yarn is from Blue Sky Alpacas and I found a link to it here. It is the color Tomato.

These coasters are so easy to make and very quick. Here is a pattern:

ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet

Start with a slip knot on your hook, ch2
Round 1: 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook
Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around
Round 3: (sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) 8 times (end with 24 stitches)
Round 4: (sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc) 8 times (end with 32 stitches)
Round 5: (sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc) 7 times, sc in next 4 sc (end with 39 stitches)
Round 6: (skip next 3 sc, 8 dc in next sc, skip next 3 sc, sc in next sc) 4 times, skip next 3 sc, 8 dc in next sc, skip next 3 sc and join with slip stitch to the next stitch
Tie off and weave the yarn end into the coaster.

Make your own, or buy these in my Etsy shop!

1 comment:

  1. Too late for anyone else...I have bought these beauties. Are you going to make a set of square ones as well? I liked the square one you made in the car. I am very excited about this new endeavor of yours. ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete