Monday, June 20, 2011

Owen's car quilt (FINALLY DONE!!!!)

This was going to be an easy project, but I had some problems with it.  Mostly, it stemmed from trying to applique flannel letters.  They were too small and my stitching was too wide so they frayed around the stitching. Then, I couldn't decide how I wanted to fix it.  I finally ended up using my seam ripper to remove the frayed letters, cut new ones, then appliqued them on with a narrower zig-zag through the whole quilt.  It isn't what I wanted to do, but it turned out okay after it was all done.  I like the difference in texture with the flannel and the cotton and the frayed edges.  I hope Owen likes it too!






2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for a new post! This is beautiful friend. I'm sure Owen will enjoy snuggling with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen LOVES his quilt! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete