Sunday, December 13, 2009

Laura bag prototype

I am working on a design for a bag for my sister. She wants a tote-type bag to carry her books etc. around to her grad. school classes. She asked for something that might be able to be reversible, has cool fabric and a funky button and has room for books. I didn't want to start trying to design something with cool fabric, so I started with this left-over fabric I have had in my closet for a few years just to get the general measurements and the shape figured out.

Here is the fabric I plan to use (both Daisy Chain by Amy Butler). The questions are: How is the shape/size? Should I add some sort of flap at the top for the funky button (that I haven't picked out yet) or should I just stick it/them on there as a decoration? Also, should I do all one fabric on the outside and the other on the inside, or should I make the pleated body part one fabric and use the other for the top? Maybe I need a coordinating solid for the top/straps?


This is the first shot I tried to take. I guess my dog thought that since I was sitting on the floor that I must want to play with/pet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment