Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Very Own Margaret Sling Bag!


Earlier this year I read this post about the Margaret sling bag. I LOVED the bag and soon found my way to my now favorite site, Oh, Fransson!. The pattern for this bag was designed by Oh, Fransson! and she was kind enough to provide a tutorial. I have been wanting to make this bag for a while, but my upcoming trip to Hawaii inspired me to hurry up and make a bag that would be big enough to hold all my 'stuff' while traveling and conference-going, but neutral enough to go with a variety of outfits. An added bonus is that it is significantly better to look at than the lovely conference totes that get handed out!
I added this appliqué of a little bird to the pattern and also made the closure strap out of the interior fabric instead of the exterior.
This is the inside of the bag. It is reversible, but I probably won't use it this way. The inside has two pockets, although they are kind of hard to see with this patterned fabric. (The pen is there just to show where the pocket is)
I am really happy with this bag. I used it today and got lots of compliments. I am so excited that I finally made a bag!

This last picture has nothing to do with the bag or crafting. I just thought it was a perfect example of how Iowa weather goes directly from summer to winter without any fall. This was what I found in my yard Saturday morning!

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! You have won my heart over!! You must make more and put in your store :) Love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you applique a screaming banshee?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I still have the screaming banshee on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete